When consuming data from a report, fields without value maintained in the system are displayed as "#" rather than null or blank.
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports or Design Data Sources work center view.
- Open the related Report or Data Source.
- Execute the Report or Data Source.
- The values for field ABC ('ABC' represents the field name) are displayed as '#' when there is no value assigned to this field.
The '#' symbol corresponds to entries that are not maintained in the system. In other words, this value represents blank or null values for a specific entry.
Currently, it is not possible to display entries with no values maintained in the system with blank value or 'null' text. Thus, to indicate that a specific field does not have any entries in the backend system, the '#' is displayed - meaning that there are no values assigned for this entry.
#; Not assigned; blank; null , KBA , not assigned , null , # , blank , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To