You have posted a Cancellation Customer Invoice and you notice that there is a Process Communication Error preventing the cancellation invoice from being posted.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the view Process Communication Errors.
- Open the view - Open Errors with Incidents.
- Search and Find Sending Document ID: ABC (ABC represents the Invoice document ID)
Here we can see the Main Error: Number range interval overflow for document type Reversal of Clearing
Number Range for Journal Entry Type "Reversal of Clearing" is not maintained in Business Configuration.
> The reason why its "Reversal of Clearing" and not just a "Customer invoice reversal" is because a clearing has happened against the original Invoice and if you're reversing ths document you need to reverse the clearing lines as well.
You need to maintain a number range in Journal Entry Types and Number Ranges activity in Business Configuration.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for Activity: Journal Entry Types and Number Ranges
- Select the option: Journal Entry Types and Number Ranges
- Select Number Range Profile DEF (DEF represents the Number Range Profile that is relevant)
(The relevant Profile is selected because this is the number range profile that is selected against the set of books - to confirm this you can follow KBA: 2565042 - Error Message Against Unposted Source Documents Number range interval overflow)
- Under Details we can see that nothing has been maintained for Journal Entry Type: 90027 - Reversal of Clearing
- Add Row, select 90027 - Reversal of Clearing from the Journal Entry Type and then select a Number Range.
Number Range interval, Reversal of Clearing, Number Ranges , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Known Error