- Feature upgrade failed / Upgrade Center task for People Analytics Embedded Edition fails stating IAS is not enabled
- SAP Identity Authentication Service (IAS) is not configured in your tenant
- What are the items / configuration checked by Upgrade center to confirm if IAS is enabled in an instance?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
For People Analytics:
- Ensure IAS is enabled and configured in the instance
- Navigate to Upgrade Center and perform the People Analytics Embedded Edition upgrade
- The job fails after after a few seconds with the following message:
'SAP Identity Authentication Service (IAS) is not configured in your tenant'
The below items also checked by the system to confirm if IAS is enabled.
Lack of one or more of the items will result in an IAS pre-check failure.
The below configuration is available in Provisioning under 'Single Sign-On (SSO) Settings'
- SSO needs to be enabled.
- Saml2 V2 (SAML v2 SSO) needs to be enabled
- IAS has to be the only IDP / Asserting Party (SAML Asserting Parties(IdP))
More than one Asserting party listed here will fail the pre-check.
- IAS as proxy IDP should be enabled under SAML v2: SAP IAS integration , even if IAS is used to login directly in to the instance and not just as proxy:
- SAML v2 : SP-initiated login
- Enable sp initiated login (AuthnRequest) should be set to 'Yes'
- Default issuer should be enabled
- Send request as Company-Wide issuer should be set to 'Yes'
- Partial Organization SSO should be Disabled
As the warning says, this option should anyway be disabled if IAS is being used as the IDP
IAS, SSO, Enabled, Failed, prerequisite, pre-requisite, precheck, pre-check, despite, incorrect, error, checklist, missing, disabled, upgrade, PAEE, SAC, SuccessFactors, Upgrade, Admin, Center, task, SAP, Identity, Authentication, Service , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-SAC , People Analytics (Analytics Cloud for SF) , How To