- This new company wide switch introduced in Report Center allows displaying hierarchical display of labels even if the parent label(s) does not have reports associated
- This KBA will explain this feature in detail
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
The switch is called 'Show labels in a hierarchical structure' and is located in
Admin Center > Reporting and Analytics > Manage Report Center
This switch was introduced on the 4th of July and will be disabled by default.
This switch changes the behaviour for all users and not just the one enabling it.
- If a nested label has reports associated only a few nodes / levels, currently report center displays them in a merged fashion.
- This switch allows displaying such nodes in a hierarchical / structure.
Consider the following scenario for a Label Structure:
LEVEL2 (nester under LEVEL2)
LEVEL3 (nester under LEVEL3)
LEVEL4 (nester under LEVEL4)
The structure when laid out:
- Associate an example report - Report4 with LEVEL4 Only
- Before - All Labels till LEVEL4 are displayed in a merged fashion
- After - All Lables till LEVEL4 are displayed in a hierarchial manner, though Levels1 to 3 do not have any reports in them.
- Associate Report4 with LEVEL4 and Report2 with LEVEL2
- Associate Report3 with LEVEL3 Only
- Associate Report1 with LEVEL1 Only
- Associate atleast one report each with all the Levels
- No change in behaviour since Report Center will only display the nested labels till the nodes / levels that have reports associated
Functionality that will not be changed by this switch:
- Individual (non-nested) Labels that do not have any reports associated with them will still not be displayed
- Nested labels with reports associated in one or more of the nodes will be displayed only till the levels / nodes that have reports in them (Examples 3 and 4)
- The access levels for Labels (Public vs Private) remain unchanged
- Public and Private labels still cannot be mixed in a hierarchy
hierarchy, view, structure, label, nested, merged, Show, labels, hierarchical, structure, expand, empty, child, parent, node, level , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Centre , How To