While importing the objects contacts and interactions the import data is failed due to an error "You aren't authorized to import data for marketing area ID <SPACE>, see row X".
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP Marketing Cloud Edition
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Import Data App.
- Navigate to to Data File Load.
- Choose Object.
- Navigate to Step2 - Select and Upload File.
- Navigate to Step3 - Map Attributes.
- Navigate to Step4 - Validate.
- Here you will see the below error message.
If you want to upload an object with a Marketing Area ID that does not have an assigned marketing area, then you must have write authorization for the marketing area '<SPACE>'.
The object contacts and interactions who carry no marketing area information, for example, legacy contacts in your system, a user must explicitly have a role assigned in which the marketing area is set to '<SPACE>' (a space between single quotation marks) or to <*> (asterisk), which gives unrestricted access to all.
- Open the Identity and Access Management App.
- Choose the Maintain Business Users.
- Search and eidt the Business User.
- Open the Business Role.
- Choose Edit button.
- Choose Maintai Restrictions.
- Edit Marketing Area for Contacts and Profiles.
- On the Ranges tab, in the From column, enter '<SPACE>' in the first row. Leave the To row empty as shown in the below image.
- Choose Ok button and go back and Save the changes.
Further Information about authorizations refer the below help documents:
Import Data, Import contacts, Import interactions, Authorizations, Marketing Area, Data File Load, Permissions , KBA , contacts , import fail , interactions , without marketing area , CEC-MKT-DM-IC , Interaction Contact , CEC-MKT-DM-IA , Interaction , Problem