- Cross-Tab Row Name missing.
- Cross-Tab headers for rows are blank when exported to MS Excel - Data Only.
- In Crystal Reports, when exporting a report to MS Excel - Data Only, or MS Excel Workbook, it does not export the cross-tab row name.
Example: The first cross-tab column based on country, is missing in excel.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source.
- Insert a cross-tab with multiple rows.
- Format the cross-tab to display the column Totals at the bottom.
- Export the report to MS Excel - Data Only.
- When opening the exported report in MS Excel, notice the first row headers are not displayed. It is blank.
- Cross-tab rows headers are exported to MS Excel - Data Only, but by design, it exports on the same row as the row Total.
- In other words, the header for the first cross-tab row value will not appear at the top, like it does in Crystal Reports, but will appear at the bttom, on the same row as the Total.
- To export the cross-tab row value at the top:
- Export the report to MS Excel ( 97-2003) as this format retain as much formatting as possible; or
- Export the rpeort to MS Excel - Data Only, but format the cross-tab to display the Totals on Top.
- To format a cross-tab in Crystal Reports to display the Totals on Top:
- Right click on the cross-tab, and select "Cross-Tab Expert..."
- In "Cross-Tab Expert", select the tab "Customize Style"
- Check the option "Column Totals on Top"
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
[Enter your See Also here...]
CR, xport, xls, xlsx , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020