You are trying to implement the Third-Party Logistics Integration Scenario, and have set up the relevant Communication Arrangement. You select the Authentication Method: None, since your Third-Party Logistics Provider uses an Office 365 Webhook to collect the data, which does not require an authentication with either a certificate or username/password.
However, when you perform Check Completeness, the system displays the error message: 'Invalid Authentication Method'. Now you want to know if the Authentication Method “None” is a valid option for the Third-Party Logistics Integration Scenario.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Communication Arrangements view.
- Find and select the relevant Third-Party Logistics Integration Communication Scenario.
- Click the Edit button.
- Check Completeness, and the system displays the error message: Invalid authentication method.
The Authentication Method for Outbound Communication cannot be set to 'none'. There has to be one Authentication Method for Outbound Communication.
- Go to the Application and User Management Work center.
- Go to the Input and Output Management view and select the Communication Arrangements subview.
- Find the relevant Communication Arrangement: Third-Party Logistics Integration.
- Select and edit it.
- Choose Check Completeness on the top of the screen.
- System displays the error: Invalid Authentication Method.
- Now go to the Technical Data tab and check under Outbound Communication: Basic Settings.
- In the field Authentication Method, select either SSL Client Certificate or User ID and Password as per your business requirement.
- Perform Save and reactivate the Communication Arrangement.