- When using “Equal to” filter and selecting a record from “Report values” tab the report is not fetching the filtered records even if there is data to be filtered.
- When using “Like” filter and putting the same record in the text box the report is fetching the filtered records.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Report – Canvas
- Detailed Report
- Advanced Report
Reproducing the Issue
- Use the filter in a report and select the “Equal to” operator.
- Then select a filter from “Report values” tab.
- Realize that the report will not fetch the selected values even if there is data to be filtered.
This behavior can be due to a blank space digit at the end of the record.
The Equal to operator is searching for the exactly equal record, but in the database the searched record is stored with a blank space at the end which is interpreted as a different record.
As an Analytics solution it is suggested to create a calculated column in order to build a new column and replace it in the query. So, after identified all the records in the column with a blank space at the end, building the calculated column you need use an IF operator to replace each record with with blank space to the same record without the blank space.
Filter; Not; Working; Report; Value; Record; Data; Base; Equal; To; Like; Replace; Calculated; Column; Blank; Space; Runtime; , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , How To