- When searching for personExternalId, the results comes on the top of the search but after enabling the "Fuzzy Search in People Search" feature, they are showing at the end of the search results;
- When searching for names that contain a dash/hyphen ("-"), no results are returned.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- The search result display is ordered by matching score and the personExternalId has lower score percentage than other name fields. You will find your expected search result in the last of list.
- Also, there is a known issue for names that contain a dash/hyphen ("-").
If a user name is "Jane-A" and you type "Jane-A" in the search field, with Fuzzy Search enabled, that user is not returned; however, if you type "Jane A" (without the character) in the search field, the user is retrieved.
This issue only happens with the "-" character, as other special characters (such as apostrophes and underlines) have been confirmed to work as expected.
This is already being investigated by our Engineering team. In case this leads to any issues for your company, you might want to consider disabling Fuzzy Search.
Fuzzy Search, People Search, personExternalId, search results, fuzzy, special character, characters, dash, hyphen, PLS-11790 , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SRH , Search , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions