When importing complete business objects in Data Workbench work center, an error occurred.
- When downloading and opening the error file for the dependent object, the error is Record not created. See errors in the parent record.
- When downloading and opening the error file for the parent object, the error is Error in Dependent Item(s) and it refers to the file of the dependent object.
You don't understand the error and don't know why the error message is not self-explanatory.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Data Workbench work center
- Click on Import View
- Click on Complete Business Object
- Search for the object
- Upload zip file
- Click on Next until Import Data
- Click on Import Data
- Go to Monitor view
- Open error file for dependent object
- Open error file for parent object
This is a known issue in case of complete business objects. If there is a data issue in one of the subnodes, it fails to identify which record in the sub node has the error. The error message in this case is not specific.
If all data validation is done before submitting the task, this will give specific error message upfront rather that having error at the end when task is finished.
We are already working internally to address the issue. As a workaround, you can do data validation for all data (by default it is sample data of 20 records) feature on file upload screen before submitting the record. This will give the error in format validation.
complete business object, data workbench, error message, not self-explantory, long troubleshooting process to understand error message, , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , Problem