Subscribed task 'Provide Follow-Up Decision in Return to Supplier' is not sending the e-mail notification.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks and select the New Return to Supplier option.
- Select the respective Inbound Delivery Item in the Step 1.
- Click on Next button.
- Fill out the necessary details for the Return to Supplier.
- Click on Next until reaching the Confirmation step.
System generates a task 'Provide Follow-Up Decision in Return to Supplier', the task e-mail does not arrive to the person responsible.
By selecting the task for Return to Supplier ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Return to Supplier) in Application and User Management, then Bussiness Task Management and opening the respective Application Log, system display the result message: 'Unknown responsible with UUID DEF (Type )' (DEF represents the UUID for the Return to Supplier).
This is happening because the Org Unit for Return to Supplier ABC does not have any Employee or any Functions defined. The Org Unit can be found in the Ship From field of the Return to Supplier.
To resolve this issue, it is necessary to have employees assigned in the Return to Supplier Org Unit and also functions defined. This can be done as per following steps:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Click on the Org Structures view.
- Select the respective Org Unit.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Click on the OK button.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Click on the Add button.
- Add the employees.
- Go to the Functions tab.
- Define the functions according to the business need.
- Click on the button Save.
Once this configuration is defined, the task should be assigned to the responsible person and this person can receive the e-mail notification.
Return to Supplier, Org unit, Provide Follow-Up Decision in Return to Supplier, Unknown responsible with UUID , KBA , AP-POP , Purchase Order Processing , How To