No email notification received.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Email notifications are not being received
- Basic checks have already being done as per KBA 2087890 - Top Reasons Why Email Notifications are Not Sent or Received. Basic Troubleshooting
- Single Sender feature is enabled
- Support teams see the following on the system logs:
Exception in processing EmailConsumerMDB event. com.successfactors.platform.bean.MailInvalidAddressException: Invalid email address: at com.successfactors.platform.bean.JavaMailSender.handleMessagingException(JavaMailSender.java:583) at com.successfactors.platform.bean.JavaMailSender.send(JavaMailSender.java:118) at
On June-08th (after b2005 release), SAP SuccessFactors enabled “Envelope Sender DNS Verification” feature (aka sender domain check) on all its mail servers.
The purpose of this feature is to improve security by preventing any email notification whose Sender is not a valid email address to be sent from the system.
Meaning that for all our customers any mail whose domain does not exist or the email is not valid, it will not be accepted and processed by our mail servers.
The Single Sender feature should be only be set with valid email address (with a valid domain), otherwise, the notifications will not be sent.
Two options are available to resolve this:
- Deactivate Single Sender feature: this will have it’s configurations reset to the standard SuccessFactors Sender; or
- Change your Single Sender email address: change its email address to add a valid domain.
NOTE: In both cases you will need to contact your Partner or SAP Product Support team to assist you with this change since end users do not have access to the system's backend.
FOR PARTNERS and SAP PRODUCT SUPPORT TEAM:
- Go to Provisioning > Company Settings
- Update the field "Single Sender Email"
email notification, single sender, MailInvalidAddressException, invalid email address, COSD-44210 , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-NOT , Email Notifications , Problem