You are trying to extract report data from C4C/ ByD to SAC. When trying add some fields to your query, they see errors like these:
'ABC' is restricted and cannot be added to the Query. (Where ABC stands for the name of your field)
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to your SAC system.
- Create the connection and create your OData query, based on a C4C or ByD report.
- Drag and drop some fields from the left-hand side to the "Selected Data" section.
You will receive the error message: 'ABC' is restricted and cannot be added to the Query.
You are trying to add a report variable to the 'select' clause of your OData query. Variables cannot be added to the view, they can only be used in the filters.
Note: 'Variable' means a field which is added to the report selection in your ByD/ C4C system.
To create your query, you would need to add characteristics instead of variables to "Selected Data". To differentiate them:
On SAC side, the fields in black are variables. They should only be used in the Filter, not under "Selected Data". The fields shown in blue are characteristics or key figures. These are the ones to be used for "Selected Data".
On C4C side, there are 2 options to differentiate the 2 different types:
- You can go to the Design Reports work center view, search for the respective report and click Build OData Queries. All the fields listed under "Attributes" can be used for the view, i.e. for "Selected Data" in SAC.
- You can also run a metadata query for your report. Here you can check the properties of each field. If the field is a variable, it has the property sap:selection=true.
In summary, variables on a C4C/ByD report can only be used for filters in SAC. Characteristics and Key figures on C4C side can be used for the SAC view ("Selected Data").
cannot be added to the query, sac, integration, reporting, business analytics, error message, OData, characteristic, variable, sap:selection=true, selected data, dataset, model , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To