There is 0.01 ABC amount in Total Deferred Revenue which is unexpected.(ABC is the currency)
Below is an expample in the relevant document: In the sales order, the quantity is 80 ea and the total amount is 33,308.84 CNY; In the customer invoice, the invoiced quantity is 69 ea.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Cost and Revenue.
- Go to Revenue Recognition.
- Find and open Revenue Recognition Run DEF(DEF is the ID of the run).
- Under tab Postings->Accounts.
- The General Ledger Accounts are:
- Account->12345 GHI; Credit->28728.87CNY (12345 GHI is the G/L Account).
- Account->67890 JKL; Debit->28728.87CNY (67890 JKL is the G/L Account)
6. Under tab Processed Successfully->Advanced Information->Events Base.
- Total Invoiced Amount->28728.88CNY(This is also shown in the Customer Invoice and the Journal Entry of Customer Invoice).
- Total Deferred Revenue->0.01CNY.
This can happen in a small number of cases when SO's quantity is partially invoiced, Accrual method in use is "1 - Recognize at point of invoice" and currency CNY is in play.
Total Invoice Amount -28.728,88 CNY; Our calculated Current Earned Revenue Amount: 28.728,87 CNY = 69/80*33.308,84 (net value).
The customer has 2 options:
- When final accrual happens for this SO then everything will be fully cleared.
- Use accrual method "5 - Recog at point of invoice (invoiced rev)" instead of "1 - Recognize at point of invoice".
This Accrual Method ("Recog at point of invoice (invoiced rev)") has been rolled out since 1705 release and addresses this issue. It considers the exact amount on the Customer Invoices as well as Recognizing the Revenue accordingly (irrespective of exchange rates).
revenue recognition run; total deferred revenue; total invoiced amount; 0.01; , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem