- Explorer services on BI servers are stuck in fail state and are not able to restart.
- Explorer servers were running before restart the applications recently.
- Explorer server logs were not updating in the logging folder.
- The las few errors show the following:
- Error log : at com.businessobjects.datadiscovery.master.cluster.MasterClusterChecker.logError(MasterClusterChecker.java:251)
|06E5F185B672464CBF2AB4245B350B8D2ffc|2019 05 10 14:05:34.296|-0800| |Error| | | |explorerMaster_servername.ExplorerMasterServer| 9883| 188|MasterClusterCheckerThread| ||||||||||||||||||||com.businessobjects.datadiscovery.master.cluster.MasterClusterChecker||MasterClusterChecker : If you see this error a lot of times (more than 50 times a day), it may mean that Explorer Master servers of different BOE cluster are communicating with each other but they should not. In order to make sure different BOE clusters are isolated (regarding Explorer), please set either the 'master.cluster.name' or the 'master.cluster.multicast.group' parameters (CMC : Explorer application's advanced configuration) with different values on each BOE cluster. (Number of running enabled Explorer Master servers in cluster: 0, Number of Hazelcast cluster members: 2)
- Tried solution per the sap kba 1906591 - Best practices for Explorer Master Server failover in a BI clustered environment - but still issue persists!
- SAP BusinessObject Version(SP Level):SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.2 Support Pack 7 Patch 5,Version: 188.8.131.5248
- SAP BusinessObject Explorer 4.2.x
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) VERSION = 11 PATCHLEVEL = 4
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 ; SAP BusinessObjects Explorer 4.2
SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Explorer 4.2 , KBA , BI-RA-EXP , Obsolete: Polestar, Explorer , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.