You execute a Actual Cost Release run: It finishes with the error "Application runtime exception, please report an incident".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center and the Actual Cost Release view.
- Open the application log of the affected run.
- In the Messages tab the error "Application runtime exception, please report an incident" is displayed.
For one or more materials processed by this release run a zero actual cost was calculated. As there is no meaning to release a zero actual cost the run ends with the error.
A zero actual cost is always caused by total zero inventory amount with series of inventory transactions and cancellations. For example, when all inbound and outbound delivery transactions are all canceled in the same period.
We plan to improve the error message for this scenario to point toward the Materials with a current zero Actual Cost.
For now, and until further notice, if this error appears
- check the actual cost of all materials in the Material Actual Costing view of the Inventory Valuation work center.
- Create a new Actual Cost Release run but exclude all the materials with a zero actual cost.
Actual Cost Release; 实际成本发布；应用程序运行时异常 , KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , Problem