- You are trying to release a Withholding Tax ID XXX (where XXX represents the withholding tax return ID) for the country India.
- You are getting an error related to one Supplier Invoice: "Source document ABC (where ABC represents the Supplier Invoice) reported in Tax Return XXX not posted".
- This invoice is already posted, as you can see in Supplier Invoicing Work Center.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Tax Management Work Center - Withholding Tax Returns view
- Show Tax Returns in Preparation.
- Highlight Tax Return ID 28 and press Release.
You can see an Error Message: "Source document ABC reported in Tax Return XXX not posted" comes up when releasing the Tax Return ID.
In the Supplier Invoice you have at least two line items. For each of these Line Items, the Ship To and the Delivery Address is different. For India, the Line Items in the Invoice should not have different Location Details as this causes inconsistencies in the Tax Calculation.
- You have to cancel this Supplier Invoice and create two separate Invoices for each of these Line Items.
- After the two Invoices are posted, cancel the existing Withholding Tax Return XXX.
- Schedule the Withholding Tax Return Run again to create a new Withholding Tax Return ID YYY (where YYY represents the new Withholding Tax Return ID).
- Release the newly created Withholding Tax Return ID YYY.
The Error Message disappears.
India Withholding Tax, State, Ship To and Delivery Address Different, release Withholding Tax Return for India, Source document in Tax Return not posted , KBA , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , How To