- SAP IQ 16.1 SP04 introduces a new feature for Asynchronous I/O (AIO) that changes the internal threading model of IQ.
- Post upgrading to SAP IQ 16.1 SP04 customers may notice that the thread usage in the IQ process increases.
- Some queries may fail with "not enough server threads available for this query" "SQL Anywhere Error -1010011" messages seen in the iqmsg file.
- Post upgrading to SAP IQ 16.1 SP04 customers may also notice in the std err file (or console log) that the figure for the -iqmt setting has increased significantly without the customer having made any manual chages to the startup switch in their .cfg configuration file.
- Customers may also start to notice messages like "Using AIO based prefetch manager” in the console log at startup.
- IQ Sysmon debug monitoring data shows a significant increase in thread usage.
SAP IQ 16.1 SP04 upwards on any platform
sybase, crash, abort, SP_04, IQ161, IQ 16-1, upgrade, iqmt, -iqmt, iqnumbercpus, - iqnumbercpus, threads, Max_Threads_Per_Connection, Max_Threads_Per_Team, sp_iqsysmon, insufficient threads, -1010011, "thread starvation", "out of thread", "-1010011", async, feature , 'I/O' , input, output, 'file-system', mpx , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.