The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- You are trying to hide data points or data markers (the dots or circles) in a chart, by colouring them in transparent. However when the data is changed or refreshed, the data points reappear.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2020.08
Reproducing the Issue
1. Log into SAC
2. Open an Analytic Application or Story
3. In edit mode, select a chart that contains data points and click on Designer
4. Under Styling, change the colouring of the data markers to be transparent (no colour)
5. Add new data or refresh data, notice data point-styling is removed and not applied to new data-points
The behaviour described above is as expected. When the data is changed or refreshed, the method of hiding data-points by transparent colouration will not work. Moreover, if the chart type is changed, this can also have an adverse affect as the colour is applied to specific data-points and not to the entire chart.
On SAC versions 2020.05 and later, in edit mode, use the Show/Hide -> Data Markers option; to hide the data-points.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem