You have completed the Personal Data Collection step and the Custom Data collection is not getting triggered.
SAP Successfactors Onboarding 2.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as the onboardee;
- Complete the personal data collection step;
- The additional data collection tile does not shows up.
One of the possible causes is that you have an error in the process. That can be reviewed in BPE Monitor by follow these steps:
- Go to BPE Monitor;
- Search for your activity;
- Click on buildBlocks.CustomDataCollection block;
- You'll see an error in the jobs;
- In the variables section, copy the _PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID;
- Go to Admin Center > BPE: Manage Process tasks;
- In the filter option, past your process instance ID and apply the filter;
- You'll see the following error message: while trying to invoke the method com.successfactors.user.bean.UserBean.getUsername() of a null object loaded from local variable 'userBean'
The value for Hiring Manager was not inserted during the New Hire Data Review / Personal data collection steps. This is a required value for the process.
- Restart the Onboarding process in Onboarding Dashboard;
- Populate the value for Hiring Manager;
- Complete the steps again
getUsername, null, object, loaded, local, variable, 'userBean', custom, data, collection, onb, 2.0 , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-CDC , Custom Data Collection , Problem