There are items which appear as "Not Assigned" in the report "Total Cost by Cost Center and Assigned Projects".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics Work Center - Design Reports view.
- Search for FINCACU01_Q0002.
- Open the Report Total Costs by Cost Center and Assigned Projects.
- Fill all necessary variables.
- Start the Report.
- Switch to the tab View.
- The row fields should look like this for example: gl account (origin), offset project task: project, project ID; project, project (project task), project ID (project task), project ID (project), project task, project task ID (project task). Column fields should look like: key figure: charge, allocation, balance.
- Refresh the Report.
You can see a couple of Items which are "Not Assigned".
In case you have such unassigned Items in your Reports then you need to do a Cross-Check with other Reports that could give you more Overview and Detail.
There is no general Resolution which can be applied here for every purpose but the following Details will guide you:
- Check the Journal Entries Report with the same Company, Set of Books, Year to Date and GL Account as in the Report Total Costs by Cost Center and Assigned Projects. Some Journal Entries are all assigned to Projects but not assigned to Cost Centers, so they would not show up on your Report.
- Other Journal Entries, the "unassigned" amount, are all assigned to Cost Centers but not to Projects, hence the Project is unassigned in your Report.
- Also do cross-checking with other Reports to find further Details of why some fields do not have data - if it's coming from the Journal Entry then finding the Journal Entry will solve this.
Unassigned Items, Not Assigned Items in Report, Total Cost by Cost Center and Assigned Projects , KBA , SRD-FIN-ANA-CCA , Cost Center Accounting (Reporting) , How To