When using both options Keep Source and Overwrite Target in an allocation process, the keep source option is ignored and the source value is changed with 0 after running the allocation.
SAP Analytics Cloud 2020.x.x
Reproducing the Issue
1) Open the story
2) Run the allocation process
-> the amount is allocated fine from the source to the target, however the amount on source was changed by 0.
The deletion of the source value is due to the option "Overwrite Target". This is also the expected behavior. As "# Non affecte" is a potential target, it is cleared, before the allocation result is written. If a target is a potential target, meaning that i might get a value allocated, is only determined by the rules. The reference values are not taken into account when determining the targets that need to be cleared for "Overwrite Target".
To get the combination of the options "Keep Source" and "Overwrite Target" to work properly you need to exclude the unassigned member ("# Non affecte") from the targets of the allocation rules.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, execute, version, target, allocation step , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem