When evaluating a Project Cost and Revenue report, such as Project Cost and Revenue by Project or Project Cost and Revenue by Project Structure
- you notice the Product Category is displayed for some products but not for others.
- You add the Product Category (Product) attribute to the report and notice that this attribute displays the Product Category for all Materials.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Cost and Revenue work center go to the Reports -List view and open, for example, the Project Cost and Revenue by Project report (Alternatively open the report from the Design Reports view in the Business Analytics work center).
- Maintain Project ID XYZ (XYZ represents the Project ID).
- Press Apply.
- In the View section, add the attributes Product and Product Category. As a result, the report displays the Product category for Product ABC but not for Product DEF (ABC and DEF are the IDs of two different Materials).
- Go to the top right corner and select the Configure function.
- Choose Add field.
- Find the Product section and here add Product Category.
- Press OK.
- The Product Category attribute shows a value for Product ABC but not for Product DEF.
- The Product Category (Product) attribute shows a value for Product ABC as well as DEF.
By default the report shows the Profit Analysis/Market Segment related attribute Product Category. This attribute derives its data from the Project Plan values:
- In the Cost and Revenues work center go to the Projects view.
- Find Project XYZ and press View Project Plan Values.
- In the next screen you'l notice a value in the Planned Cost column.
- Select the respective project task and go to the Materials sub-tab.
- Here, material ABC is listed. Material DEF is not listed here. Therefore the Product Category appears for Material ABC in the report but not for Material DEF.
The Product Category Attribute shows Profit Analysis related data in the Project Cost and Revenue report.
To verify this
- open the Project Cost and Revenue report again.
- Again add the Product and Product Category attributes from the View section.
- Now check the actual data:
- You'll see that for Product ABC only Planning related data appears, in the ITD Planned Cost column for example.
- You'll see that for Product DEF there is no Planning related data appearing but actual cost values, in the ITD Incurred Cost column for example.
- As costs have been planned for Product ABC for Project XYZ the Marketing Segment related attribute Product Category shows a value.
- As there are no costs planned for Product DEF the Project the Marketing Segment related attribute Product Category does not show any data.
Product Category, Product, Project Cost and Revenue report , KBA , SRD-FIN-ANA , Analytics Content , Problem