The Sales Order which is automatically created from a Purchase Order gives the error message Item XX: City in address of Ship-To party missing.(XX is the Line number in the Sales Order)
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Orders workcenter.
- Navigate Sales Orders View.
- Search and Open the Sales Order XYZ (XYZ is the ID of the Sales Order)
- The error message appear
- Navigate to Items tab
- Select the line item XX, under Details you can see that the Ship To address is not same as the address maintained for Ship To party in the General Tab.
You are not able to change the Ship-To location in the Sales Order at the Item level.
The value for City is not maintained in the corresponding Purchase Order from which the Sales Order is created.
Please follow the below steps to resolve the error
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders Workcenter.
- Search and Open the Purchase Order ABC (ABC is the ID of the Purchase Order from which the Sales Order XYZ was created).
- Navigate to Items Tab and go to sub tab Delivery
- Maintain the correct City for Ship To Location under Delivery Address, click on Save.
- Click on Send Update and the City will be correctly updated in the Sales Order.
City missing in Sales Order Ship-To; Sales Order Ship-To error; , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , Problem