You have a company with two or more set of books and after posting an acquisition for a given asset you noticed that the calculated depreciation is different, for the same period, between the set of books.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to Fixed Assets view.
- Find the relevant asset.
- Click Edit -> Values.
- Highlight the first set of books and check the Depreciation Overview tab for a specific fiscal period and fiscal year.
- Highlight the second set of books and check the Depreciation Overview tab for the same fiscal year and period.
You notice that the depreciation amounts are different, even though all relevant dates and depreciation method are the same for both set of books.
The sets of books have different fiscal year variants, hence the acquisition posting gets accounted in different periods.
This is the designed system behavior. The assigned fiscal year variant can be seen as follows:
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Sets of Books and Assigned Companies.
- Find the relevant company and set of books.
- Refer to the Fiscal Year Variant field.
You may also open the journal entry of the corresponding acquisition posting for each set of books and check in what accounting period this entry has been accounted. This can be seen at the top of the screen of the journal entry. Note that apart from that, the asset depreciation may start in a different date or period depending on the period control method.
Depreciation, Fixed Asset, Depreciation Code, Acquisition, Supplier Invoice, Goods Receipt, Procurement. , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To