As of b2005, the Gender field for users has been deprecated and can no longer be seen on the user interface. This article will answer these questions and more.
- What does deprecation mean in terms of the Gender field?
- The Gender field data is going to be purged?
- How can the Gender field be updated?
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
What does deprecation mean in terms of the Gender field?
- The field of Gender was decided to not be used any longer in Learning. To begin the process of phasing out this field, it is no longer visible from the new administration interface. Until the b2011 (H2 2020) release, it will still be usable on the Flash UI.
- While the field is not visible on the UI, it has not been removed from the application entirely as this field might be used in reports, Assignment Profiles, Connectors, etc.
The Gender field data is going to be purged?
- As of now, the data will remain in the database. Any future plans of how this field will be handled, will be communicated through the standard channels such as Community or new Release updates.
How can the Gender field be updated post b2005 (H1 2020)?
- It is best to consult with a Partner to validate your current Connector mappings along with what process creates your input file for the User Connector-SF or User Connector. It is our of scope for Support team to assist in changing Connector configuration.
- If using the default Employee Export job from Provisioning to create the input file for the User Connector-SF, Gender is a field that is in the export file. It is also standard configuration for the Connector to be mapped as such: sfuser.field.mapping.data.GENDER=GENDER
- If this is your current configuration, nothing needs to be done as data will continue to feed downstream to Learning
- In case the Gender field is being removed from Learning but there is need to continue to feed the data, a custom field should be utilized
- Please work with a Partner to assist in making the changes to your environment.
- Due to each unique environment and mapping. it is not possible to provide instructions on every single combination of this configuration
- An example of this mapping would be sfuser.field.mapping.data.COL_NUM13_VAL=GENDER
- The system would find the GENDER column from the input file and in this scenario feed the data into the User Custom Field 130
- It is recommended to make the Custom Field Referenced
- The User Custom Field Description can be updated to "Gender" and using the Entity Configuration Tool, it can be made visible.
- Further information on the User Connector-SF can be found in the User Assistance Documentation (Login may be required)
- As of b2005 (and subject to change), the Import Data tool can be used to update the Gender field
gender, missing, gone, admin, ui, user, interface, record, entity, changed, b2005, h1, h12020, 2020, removed, deprecated, connector, update, sf, lms , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , How To