Even Allow Reordering is set to NO in Parent Object Association section to make the latest child entry display on top, While adding new child record in a custom MDF portlet via Profle UI or import, the child entry display order seems not always follow the processing(updating) order.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Metadata framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- set Allow Reordering=NO in Parent Object Association section
- insert a new child entry via import csv file, for example ChildB, it displays on the top order
- then, add another child entry via Profile UI, for example ChildC
- noticed that the ChildC displays under of ChildB, which does not following the processing order to display on the top order.
Allow Reordering to YES
In this case MDF uses processing order assigned to composite child(Order in which children were added) and abide by it.
Please change Allow Reordering set to Yes, it will display in proper order.
2688830 - [Custom MDF] How to set display order of child records in the MDF portlet in People Profile.
Allow Reordering, Reorder Child record, Child record, MDF, SuccessFactors, custom MDF, Order , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , Problem