- You expect to see the manager of an employee listed in the field Manager in the Organizational Management work center. But no manager is shown. You observed that the org unit is a subordinated org unit.
- You might also expect to see the org unit manager in the employee master data.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center
- Click on Org Structures view
- Click on Advanced Search
- Search for the relevant employee in the field Employee
- Click on Go
- Note: The field Manager is blank.
The field Manager does not show the employee's manager. It shows the manager which is assigned directly to the given org unit:
- If an org unit has a manager assigned, then it is listed in the OWL in row for the org unit.
- If the org unit has a subordinated org unit which has no own manager assigned, then the manager is not listed in the row for the subordinated org unit.
Employee master data only shows the reporting line managers:
- If the org unit has a reporting line manager, then it also shows this manager in the employee master data.
- If the org unit has a functional manager, then this manager is not shown in the employee master data.
Whether a manager is a functional and/or reporting line manager depends on the flags set on facet Function of the organizational unit the manager is assigned to.
This is the system intended behavior. You need to set the flag Reporting Line Unit for the org unit where the manager is assigned as manager. Then the manager will appear in the employee master data.
Parent org unit, subordinated org unit, manager not assigned to subordinated org unit, kein Vorgesetzter, untergeordnete org unit, , KBA , LOD-LE-OM-OM , Org. Management , Problem