Purchase Order created from Project Purchase Request is changing the Unit of Measure (UoM).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Projects view.
- Search and open the respective Project.
- Click on the Product tab.
- Select the Project Overview sub-tab.
- Click on Create Purchase Request > For Whole Project.
- Fill out the necessary information and click on Save button.
- Save the Project.
- Open the new Purchase Request.
- Click on the Create Purchase Order task.
- In the new Purchase Order screen, see that the Unit of Measure has changed.
Even though the Material master data has the Base UoM properly defined in the General tab, when selecting the Purchasing tab, 'Purchasing UoM' field displays a different Unit of Measure and the system takes this one during the Purchase Order creation.
In order to have the same Unit of Measure selected during Purchase Order creation, it is necessary to change the 'Purchasing UoM' in the Purchasing tab of the Material Master Data. Check the below steps for reference.
- Go to the Product Portfolio work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Search and select the respective material.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Click on the View All button.
- Go to the Purchasing tab.
- Select the desired Purchasing UoM.
- Click on Save button.
Now the Purchase Orders for this material will have the Unit of Measure selected on the Purchasing screen.
Purchase Request, Project, UoM, Unit of Measure, Purchase Order , KBA , SRD-SRM-PRO , Purchase Requests and Orders , How To