You have posted an expense report with a company paid expense (Taxation, No payment), however the corresponding journal entry does not split the amount and no tax entry is created.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Travel and Expenses work center.
- Go to Expense Reports view.
- Click New -> Expense Reports on Behalf of
- Create the expense report accordingly.
- In the Expenses tab, add an expense which is company paid (Taxation, No payment) and select a tax code for this expense entry.
- Post the expense report.
- Open the resulting journal entry.
You expect a journal entry line item for the tax item, however the journal entry has a net posting, without any taxes.
In the Expense and Reimbursement Management Application paid by company receipts generates always a net posting without any taxes.
Even if the expense type is company paid(Taxation,No payment) or company paid(No Taxation,No payment), the taxation term in this case means that the traveler must pay income tax for the company paid receipt (even if he does not get any money). There is no VAT (that the company can claim back) on such an expense type.
This is the designed system behavior.
Expense type, Expense Report, Tax, VAT, Journal Entry, ER, ERM. , KBA , AP-ERM-ER , Expense Report , How To