You are seeing this error on the SSO logs "[local user authentication fail for user *******]" even though the Login Name in IAS matches the Username in SF exactly.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- IAS is sending the Login Name in upper/lower case rather than what is actually defined in the field to Successfactors for authentication
- For example IAS Login Name field contains 'aaaaa' the error log page in Successfactors shows 'AAAAA' is being sent to SF for authentication
- Go to the IAS application
- Under 'Applications' go to your Successfactors application
- Find 'Apply Function to Subject Name Identifier'
- Set this to ‘None’ and that will ensure what is set as the the Login Name is sent to Successfactors for authentication
Case sensitivity, Function to Subject Name Identifier, IAS sends name identifier in upper case, IAS sends name identifier in lower case, Login Name in IAS matches Username in SF exactly, IAS is sending username which is different to what is configured, Invalid Login. Please close your browser or re-login , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IAS , Identity Authentication Services (IAS) With BizX , BC-IAM-IDS , Identity Authentication Service , How To