During Story creation, when a filter is applied on a dimension, you cannot suppress that dimension in Explorer mode.
SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new story
- Add a chart or table
- In the Builder Panel, apply a filter on any <dimension>
- Click the "Enable Explorer" checkbox
- Click the "Configure Measures & Dimensions" button
- Click the "Dimensions" menu
- Notice <dimension> is automatically selected and greyed out. Does not allow you to remove the selection
Working as designed. More details on Launching the Explorer from a Story Canvas documentation
Create Restricted Measures in lieu of filtering the data. When a Restricted Measure is used instead of a filter, you can navigate to "Configure Measures & Dimensions", and notice the dimension is no longer greyed out.
gray, designer mode, edit mode, hide , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , How To