The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- When a standard planner user publishes data after running a data action (on locked data ) he gets the warning: "Some of your changes can't be published because of data locks. Those changes will be lost.". This issue doesn't appear for a user with professional planning license.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.X.X
Reproducing the Issue
- Create 2 users one with professional license and one with standard license.
- Lock some data in model
- Run a data action
- Publish data with the first one (professional license) to a public version you do NOT get the warning message
- Publish data with the second one (standard license) to a public version you do get the warning message
This is the behavior by design.
Data locks do not apply to users with the Admin role, or the user who created the model. These users can always publish their changes to public versions, even if they affect locked data:
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem