- Error is raised trying to check out a project document.
- The output displays:
Checking out the document 'MODEL'
- Error: Cannot open the local document 'C:\Program Files\SAP\PowerDesigner 16\' for writing.
- There is enough free disc space.
- It occurs for different target paths for the model files: the PD program directory, native c:\, the "home" directory of user represented by the windows variable %USERPROFILE%, a different network drive, etc.
- User has administrative privileges in PD as well as on the Windows PC.
- User has write permissions on all destinations - he is able to create and edit, e. g. a text file.
- Checking out some other project documents to the same path is successful.
- Project documents that fail to check out have no Relative path name in the Check Out Project dialog.
SAP PowerDesigner (PD) 16.6
model, 821802, CR821802, CR#821802 , KBA , BC-SYB-PD , PowerDesigner , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.