- You have created a Custom Business Object in Test.
- You have transported the Custom Business Object to PRD.
- You realized that the key field ID has the wrong type and you want to make a change in the key field ID in Test.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2005
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Custom Business Object in Test
- Transport the CBO to PRD
- Modify the CBO in Test by changing the key field ID type.
Field ID was transported. The type cannot be changed .
Incompatible change of the type of field ID may lead to data loss.
It works as designed.
Once the field ID is transported to production system, it is no longer possible to change type of the field.
It is implemented on purpose to prevent data loss. Even if there is no data in the PRD system, it is needed to guarantee it.
Create a new Custom Business Object.
Currently, it is not possible to delete Custom Business Objects. For more information about this, refer to 2565500 - Can the transported Custom Business Objects be deleted in the S/4HANA Cloud?
Custom Business Object, SAP S/4HANA Cloud , KBA , BC-SRV-APS-EXT-BO , Custom Tables and Nodes , Problem