Changes to the customising, such as a change of conditions or the de-activation of a customising entry, can result in invoices being submitted or ommitted from approval unexpectedly. You would like to know how to handle such cases, when you have incorrect Supplier Invoices as a result.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the APP 'Manage Workflows For Supplier Invoices'.
- Choose type 'Blocked Invoice'.
- Copy an Active workflow.
- Change the conditions of the new workflow.
- De-activate the old workflow.
- Activate the new workflow.
- Call the APP 'Create Supplier Invoice'.
- Create an invoice, which is blocked for payment. (Can be set manually, or automatically by the system if the invoice values do not match those of the reference purchase order)
- Check the APP 'Supplier Invoices List'.
Flexible workflow for Supplier invoices can be customised for 2 distinct scenarios, 'park as complete' and 'blocked Invoice'.
1) In the 'park as complete flow', if you have an invoice without flexible workflow.
You can use the following workaround to re-trigger the workflow for these invoices.
Firstly correct the workflow customising for park as complete. Then go to the 'Supplier Invoices List' APP and edit any affected invoice. Choose 'PARK' and SAVE, then choose 'Save as Complete' and SAVE.
With these steps the workflow will restart for those invoices.
2) In the 'blocked invoice flow', if you have an invoice without flexible workflow.
There is no way to re-trigger the workflow for blocked invoices. All posted and blocked invoices are immutable and thus changes in the invoices are not possible.
With blocked invoices, an event is raised to start the workflow when the invoice is being created ONLY. No event is triggered for existing invoices.
Note: The activation of the flexible workflow is done here, "Manage Your Solution" under Configure Your Solution -> Sourcing and Procurement -> Invoice Processing -> Incoming Invoice -> Activate Flexible Workflow for Supplier invoices (SSCUI 101098) This setting cannot be maintained in the productive system directly so it has to be transported from your test system.
The note 2658950 describes how to handle and analyse workflows with errors in Supplier Invoices.
MRM_WORKFLOW_AGENTS, Work Items Without Agents, Workflows in Status Error, WS00800251, MRM_REL_GET_RESPONSIBLE , KBA , MM-FIO-IV , Fiori UI for Invoice Verification , Problem