When accessing a Canvas report from a link embedded in a Custom Home Page tile, the report opens in a new window but the Canvas page appears truncated. The interface is half the size of the screen or appears cut.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a Custom Home Page Tile in Manage Home page and add a text with link to a Canvas Report in Report Center or use an existing Custom Tile with links to Canvas Reports
2. Click on the custom reports tile in the Home Page and click on the report link
3. A new window opens and the Canvas page looks truncated or is not normal page size.
The link in the custom tile is not updated.
Please consider the following:
1. Use the Reports Tile instead of a Custom Tile with links.
Please see KBA 2470212 - How to add shortcuts to reports in the new HomePage (v3 / Fiori) ?
This particular in the home page has an edition for Managers and Specialist.
2. Update the links in the current Custom reports Home Page Tile
For example, currently for Employee Roster Report, the link in the custom tile is
We tried updating it to the following (copy link address from Home Page Reports Tile > Report Canvas >Report Name. see KBA 2470212):
The updated link works and the new window that opens is not truncated.
This will be resolved by updating the current links in the Custom Reports tile.
This is also the reason why we recommend using the Reports Tile instead because it is dynamic and you do not have to maintain the links, unlike the Custom reports tile in which you have to check if the link is updated.
2470212 - How to add shortcuts to reports in the new HomePage (v3 / Fiori) ?
screen cut, screen truncated, Canvas truncated, UI issue, custom reports tile, Canvas UI, canvas page display issue , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Centre , Problem