The system allows a wrong category value to be saved, when selected from the recent selections.
SAP Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service work center.
- Go to the Tickets view.
- Open ticket 123 (123 represents the ticket ID).
- Click in Edit.
- Click in field Service Category, and see that value ABC (ABC represents a Cause Category ID) is shown from the recent selection - because this was earlier selected for Cause Category field.
- Select value ABC from recent selection.
- Without clicking anywhere else, just click in Save.
- Error message "Category 'ABC' for category type Service Category is not valid" is shown, however ticket is saved successfully.
The recent selection of category fields show values of different types of categories. Hence, value ABC, which is a Cause Category, is shown under field Service Category, and vice versa. Tickets can be saved with certain inconsistent data.
This is the expected system behaviour. The system allows the ticket to be saved with inconsistent values in order to allow the user to continue their work with the document and do intermediate saves. However, the ticket will be in an inconsistent status. The user can later choose to correct this.
ticket, save, recent selection, recent selections, service category, cause category, OVS , KBA , LOD-LE-CSM-SIC , Service Issue Category , How To