JAM FAQs on private message feature.
SAP Jam Collaboration
1) Is it possible to delete an entire chat thread under JAM private message?
- No, there is no option to delete an entire chat thread.
- It is possible to delete the messages sent by you. This can be achieved by hovering over your message which you wish to delete and clicking on the trash icon displayed.
- You cannot delete the messages sent by others to you.
2) Is it possible to block another user over private messages?
3) Is there any limitation on the number of characters that can be sent in a message reply?
- Yes, each reply within a message thread cannot exceed 5000 characters.
4) Is it possible to mute a chat?
- Yes, you can mute a message thread by clicking on the Mute toggle in the Thread Info settings.
- You can click the same toggle to unmute a thread when you are ready to read or participate with the message thread again.
5) Will muting a chat thread hide the updating of the unread messages count?
6) Can we send images over a private message? Is there any limit on the number of images allowed to be sent?
- Yes, you can send png, gif, tiff, or jpeg images by clicking on the camera icon at the bottom left of the message box.
- There is no limit on the images allowed to be sent. However, only one image can be sent at a time.
7) What is the timezone of the time stamp that appears in the messages?
- The timestamp is based on the time zone setting that's configured under your time and calendar settings in SAP Jam.
8) Is receiving of new private messages in JAM real time?
9) Can external users use the JAM private message feature?