- You view the Cash Flow report for Lease Contract XYZ and notice that the report displays two Due Dates every month, one for the due Clearing amount and one for the due Depreciation and Interest Expense amount (XYZ represents a Lease Contract ID).
- You expect to see only one Due date for all transactions per month.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Lease Contract Management work center go to the Lease Contract view.
- Find and select Lease Contract ABC.
- Press Reports and select Cash Flows to open the Lease Contract Valuation Cash Flow report.
- You notice two dates per month; For example, 01.MM.YYYY for the Clearing Amount and 31.MM.YYYY for the due Depreciation and the Interest Expense amount.
(In the Lease Posting Run, in the Processed Successfully - Clearing subtab you also notice two Due Dates for each month.)
For the monthly Lease Installment payment you choose the In Advance Payment form. With the In Advance Payment form Interest Expense and Depreciation amount are applied on the ending balance and are therefore due on the last day of the month.
However, irrespective of the payment form all Clearings are due according to the Conditions specified in the Contract.
To verify the Payment set up in the Contract
- access the Lease Object tab of Lease Contract ABC.
- Navigate to the Conditions tab.
- Notice Condition Type Lease Installment and Payment Form in Advance.
When applying the Advance Payment form Interest Expense and Depreciation amounts are due at the end of a period, whereas the Clearing Amount is due
When applying the Arrear Payment form Interest Expense, Depreciation as well as Clearing Amount are all applied on the Opening Balance. They are therefore due on the same date, as specified in the Contract's conditions. In this case the report will display only one date per month.
Lease Contract Cash Flow, two dates, Lease Posting Run Clearing tab , KBA , AP-ACC-LM , Accounting Lease Management , Problem