You would have created an addon where in the .BO, you would have wrongly given the data type in your data defination.
Example :[Label ("name")] element name : xyz
Now you would have change the data type xyz to new data type abc.
You encounter an exception in the UI while navigating to any of your custom screen (OWL/QC/QV/TI), that has custom field with data type (xyz).
Note: xyz and abc are the datatype.
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
1. Login to the frontend
2. Go the the custom screen that has the refernce field with datatype (xyz) that was changed to (abc).
3. The screen will dump and will have generic RBAX error.
This is caused because the screen was created and the UI generation has happen in the database for datatype (xyz).
When the data type is altered to abc, the database is still having the reference to previous defined datatype (xyz) in the database.
a. Solution is not yet assembled.
b. Solution is not deployed to production.
For above case you cannot change a data type but must create a new field with the right data type and eventually perform a “mini migration” between those two fields.
1. Login to SDK and choose the addon in the solution explorer.
2. Navigate to the custom screen that has custom field with data type (xyz) and launch it in the UI designer
3. Go to data model section, right click on the field with data type(xyz) and delete
4. Perform the binding again
This will now create the reference with the database with the new data type defined as (abc).
PDI, issue, error, dump, dev , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-UI , ByDesign Studio UI Generation , AP-RC-BDS-LM , ByDesign Studio Lifecycle Management , Problem