You have created the Sales Order XXX with the Requested Date XX.YY.ZZZZ. However, in product planning the date is prior the Requested Date.
XXX = Sales Order ID
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Select Customer Demand view.
- Search for Sales Order XXX.
- Click Open Product Planning Details.
- Notice that the date here is different from the set one in Sales Order.
In order to calculate the date in product planning, the system considers the Shipping Duration, set in Transport Lane used, and the Goods Issue Processing Time, set in material master data. Shipping Duration takes all days in a calendar as valid days. Goods Issue Processing Time respects working calendar of site.
The following steps are used to calculate the date in product planning:
- The system takes the Requested date and considers the Shipping Duration back in time.
- If the result of the step 1 is within the working time of site, then the result of the step 1 is the date in product planning. If it is not in working time of site, the system will go back in time to find the time where the site is working, as per calendar.
- The system takes the result of the step 2 and considers the Goods Issue Processing Time back in time.
The Requested Date and the date in product planning are different, hence the system is working as expected.
wrong, date, planned , KBA , wrong , date , planned , AP-SDM-MSD , Material Supply and Demand View , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To