- When the job is run selecting the same job server in Designer, the job runs and wait_for_file() function works to find the file.
- When the job is run selecting the same job server in Management Console, the job runs, but the wait_for_file() does not find the file.
- The server name is used to reference the Data Services job server (not IP address).
- The server_eventlog is not updated when the job is run from Management Console on the job server box, indicating somehow when kicked off from Management Console, the job is running on a different box.
- ping the server name from the Tomcat box, and notice that the IP doesn't match the IP of the box Designer is running on.
- Host short name matches multiple servers on the network.
SAP Data Services
SAP Data Services all versions
KBA , EIM-DS-EXE , Job Execution , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.