The user is trying to update the status of target groups using data workbench functionality and the error message "Update not allowed for properties: LifeCycleStatusCode. Check metadata for TargetGroupCollection" after importing the file.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Data Workbench work center.
- Go to the Import work center view.
- Select Individual Object.
- Under Select Operation, choose Update action.
- Under Select an object, choose Standard Object option.
- Search for Target Group.
- Click on Next.
- Click on Browse and upload the file for Target Group.
- Click on Upload.
- Click on Next and Import.
- Go to the Monitor work center view.
Result: The task will fail with the error "Update not allowed for properties: LifeCycleStatusCode. Check metadata for TargetGroupCollection".
The Target Group status update is currently not supported via Data Workbench functionality.
As an alternative approach, the user may change the status of the Target Group following the steps:
- Go to the Sales Campaign work center.
- Go to the Target Groups work center view.
- Select the desired target group.
- Click on More button and select the option (Set as Active, Set as Blocked, Set as Obsolete) to define the status.
If you want to define the status massively, you can select more than one target group with the same current status and perform the aforementioned actions once.
Target Group, Status, Data Workbench, Update. , KBA , LOD-CRM-MKT-TG , Target Groups , How To