Set a table replication for table with a UNICODE column and having the following configuration:
- There are columns defined with type Unicode Datatypes ( unichar – univarchar – unitext )
- The SAP Replication Server is configured with a default character set other than UTF8
- The parameter "unicode_format" is set to "ase" (check KBA 2445937)
The replication of the Unicode is working fine when executing a normal table replication
But, when the functions strings are updated manually, the replication of Unicode characters fails with :
- If the character is in ASCII-7 code range, the character is correctly replicated
- If the character is greater than ASCII-7 code range (character encoded with 2 bytes), its replication fails, and it is replaced by "?" in destination table.
SAP Replication Server (SRS) 16.0
unicode, question mark, function string, UNICODE, unichar, univarchar, unitext, SRS, Rep Server, Replication Server , KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , BC-SYB-REP-HET , Replication Server Heterogeneous Edition (RSHE) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.