You notice the unposted Goods and Activity Confirmation ZZZ in the Source Documents view due to error message 'Account determination for inventories is not defined in business configuration for account determination group ABC'.
(ZZZ means the Goods and Activity Confirmation ID.
ABC means the Account Determination Group name.)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Source Documents view.
- Find unposted Goods and Activity Confirmation ZZZ.
- Notice the error message: 'Account determination for inventories is not defined in business configuration for account determination group ABC'.
There is no G/L account assigned to Account Determination Group ABC for Gain from Inventory Revaluation and Loss from Inventory Revaluation of Inventories subledger.
The system has identified an inventory balance difference between the value at time of the Good and activity posting in a previous accounting period and the inventory balance in the current period.
This difference could, for example, have been caused by rounding and a different way of valuating outgoing stock (Qty * Resulting Inventory Value/ Resulting Inventory Quantity) and incoming stock (Qty * Resulting Inventory Cost).
- In the Business Configuration work center find and open the Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination Fine Tune activity, either via Overview or from the Activity list of the Implementation Project.
- Under Account Determination select Inventories.
- Navigate to theGains and Losses tab.
- Enter a row for Account Determination Group for Materials ABC and maintain a G/L account for both Gain from Inventory Revaluation and Loss from Inventory Revaluation.
- Save the changes.
As a result, Goods and Activity Confirmation ZZZ can be posted from the Source Documents view of the General Ledger.
There may be another root cause of the same error, please refer to KBA 2869516.
Goods and Activity Confirmation, GAC, Gain & Loss from Inventory Revaluation , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem