Unrecognized Field Error occurs when creating a model based on Import Data connection to SAP ERP in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Error detail: "An error occurred in Connection Server service: Unrecognized field: <field name>"
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a new model based on Import Data connection to SAP ERP.
- Create a new query on the problematic ERP object.
- Select all columns from the Available Columns list to add to the Selected Columns list, and then select Next.
=> Error "An error occurred in Connection Server service: Unrecognized field: <field name>" appears.
- The error comes from Connection Server, a component used in SAC Agent, where there is a 30 character limit for column names.
- When a query is created inside ERP, it constructs a table where the column names consist of the table name in ERP concatenated with the field name and a hyphen ("<ERP table Name>-<ERP field name>"）.
- Although in ERP they are seen as a table and a column, once it goes through the ERP query to get into SAC, they make a single column name, which will give the "unrecognized field" error.
- There is a KBA article 1917952 that describes the similar issue applying to an older version of the Web Intelligence product, but a component of SAC agent (Connection Server) is used to access the ERP data, so the limitations also apply.
- In ERP, the table name and or column name must be reduced so that their total length, with the hyphen, is less than 30 characters.
- It may be helpful in BW to create an alias to the table and have the alias' name be shorter.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, import, acquire, ERP, Unrecognized Field, jco, Connection Server, agent , KBA , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , BI-BIP-CS , Connection Server , Problem