You are not able to release a Customer Invoice due to the following error: Conflict detected in item XXX of Project Invoice Request ID ABC; release not possible
But since the Tax Country of the Customer Invoice is Italy you are not able to cancel the Customer Invoice as described in KBA 2925079 - Not Possible to Release Customer Invoice Due to Error: Conflict detected in item XXX of Project Invoice Request ID ABC; release not possible
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Documents view.
- Select invoice XYZ(XYZ represents the Invoice ID).
- Click on the Release button.
- The following warning occurs and the invoice is not released:
Conflict detected in item XXX of Project Invoice Request ID ABC; release not possible (XXX represents the line item number in the Project Invoice Request and ABC represents the ID of the Project Invoice Request).
- You are not able to cancel the invoice since the Cancel button is grayed out.
- The Customer Invoice XYZ is based on the Project Invoice Request ABC and this Project Invoice Request was cancelled after the Invoice XYZ was created and saved. Since the Project Invoice Request was canceled it is not allowed to release the Customer Invoice anymore.
- The reason why the Cancel button is not enabled is due to fact that the Tax Country of the Invoice is Italy and therefore the Customer Invoice needs to be in status Released before it can be cancelled. This is a legal requirement to respect Sequential Numbering Rules and ensure no gap in the customer invoice numbering sequence is created. We also do not allow the creation of a Credit Memo in this case because since the Project Invoice Request has been cancelled.
The correct process to cancel a Project Invoice Request if a Customer Invoice was created is the following:
- Ensure that the Customer Invoice created is in status Released.
- Cancel the Customer Invoice.
- Cancel the Project Invoice Request.
Since the Tax Country is Italy and the cancelation of the Invoice is not possible please create an incident with reference to this KBA, the document numbers of the affected documents and the approval to perform a backend correction and cancel the Invoice.
For countries which need to comply with Sequential Numbering rules, the development team is currently also exploring the possibility of introducing Sequential Numbering checks for Cancellation Invoices, similar to what already exists for Customer Invoice, and on making the Posting Date field of the Cancellation Invoice editable so that it is possible to create Cancellation Invoices while complying with Sequential Numbering rules.
Project Invoice Request, Conflict, Credit Memo, Cancellation, Italy, Sequential Numbering, Invoice, Cancel; disabled; grayed out, greyed out. , KBA , AP-CI-CI-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , How To