The following error message occurs when IdP-Initiated SAML SSO to SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Login Error. Failed to login to SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Enable IdP-Initiated SAML SSO in SAC as per the steps outlined here:(https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/9d270a55b57042b9827ae9f8685345e3.html).
- Update the ACS endpoint with FQDN URL, for example, https://mysystem.ap1.sapbusinessobjects.cloud with index value
- Browse to like https://testsystem.accounts999.ondemand.com/saml2/idp/sso?sp=mysystem.ap1.sapbusinessobjects.cloud&index=1 (index value is from step 2) if you are using SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Service as your identity provider.
- Provide logon credential like email address.
- Wrong configuration on IdP side (Step 3 from the help link: https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/9d270a55b57042b9827ae9f8685345e3.html)
ACS endpoint need to follow this pattern for IdP-Initiated SSO: https://<FQDN>/
For example, it should set to https://mysystem.ap1.sapbusinessobjects.cloud/ instead of https://mysystem.ap1.sapbusinessobjects.cloud. The slash sign at very end cannot be omitted.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem