You have maintained Revenue Start Date and Revenue End Date for an Opportunity. However, you are able to save the Opportunity with Revenue Start Date which after Revenue End Date. The message is displayed: "Expected revenue start date dd.mm.yyyy must not be after the close revenue date DD.MM.YYYY".
Opportunity is allowed to save even error messages are prompted.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: A Revenue Start Date dd.mm.yyyy is later than close revenue date DD.MM.YYYY. Here dd.mm.yyyy stands for Start Date and DD.MM.YYYY stands of Close revenue date.
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Opportunities work center view.
- Create New Opportunity.
- Enter the Revenue Start dd.mm.yyyy, which an example could be current date + 30days.
- Enter the Revenue Close date DD.MM.YY, which is an example could be current date + 10days.
Result: An error message is displayed "Expected revenue start date dd.mm.yyyy must not be after the close revenue date DD.MM.YYYY" but you are able to save opportunity.
As per the current system design, Opportunity is an Error Tolerant Document and therefore it is allowed to Save the document despite the error message. However, the system will always pop up the error whenever you open the document in order to alert you.
This is current system design and not a bug.
If you want to prevent the document from being saved, then
- PDI customisation is recommended.
- Build a PDI validation that forbids saving an opportunity.
Opportunity With Error, Allowed To Save, Error, Expected start date, Close end date. , KBA , opportunity with error, allowed to save , expected start date after close end date , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , Problem